Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8 ~ Dharma (The Path)

Wandering can be good for the over-focused creative. How did you wander well this year?


Wander...something my mind seems to enjoy doing...often and to the point of becoming a distraction and causing much procrastination.  I see this in my blog as it had wandered from being about my struggles to slightly "foodie" to "all things runner" and now back to what I hope is my intention. It's all a part of my own learning curve.



But I also see this quality in other areas of my life...this desire to wander or to take the path less traveled.  Whether hiking, biking, running or driving I have happened upon some of the most beautiful scenery, best restaurants and unique individuals by simply being inquisitive and open to wandering.




I wander a lot and I wander well because,for me, it all leads to learning about and experiencing things I may never have had a chance to should I have played it safe.  


“Never did I think so much, exist so vividly, and experience so much, never have I been so much myself - if I may use that expression – as in the journeys I have taken alone and on foot.” ~ JEAN-JACQUESROUSSEAU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...