Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 14 ~ reverb11 ~ Jnana (Self-knowledge)


Name something you did that was completely out of character. How did it feel?

Via: www.quotestoliveby.us
Although this isn't based on character, one thing I am proud of is driving our 32 foot RV (briefly) on the freeway and also backing it into our campsite. The thing is big...and wide...and scares me because it seems impossible to keep it between the lines. God-forbid a semi passes us!!

However, it is probably not running the Nike Women's Marathon that was most out of character for me. I usually don't back down from a commitment or challenge but I was ill-prepared for Nike and had a bad attitude since I am really opposed to Nike as a company.  Since I recently wrote my Anti-Race Recap I'll spare you the details again but you can read the whole story here. It suffices to say that it took everything in me to not run that race and to push myself, regardless of the risk of injury, as I always do.  Instead I learned how to go with the flow, enjoy the moments however they present themselves, don't take every thing so seriously and that there are more important things then a P.R. (personal record).

From a few years back, trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...