Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16 ~ reverb11~ Viaje (Trip)

Where did you travel this year? What was your best trip?


Signal Hill old lookout point at sunset, Cisco Grove.
State Parks...always a favorite destination.
This year involved some local travel to 'break in' the Mutiny (our RV) to places like Samuel P. Taylor State Park, Lake Almanor and Cisco Grove.  Samuel and Almanor offered great trails for running while Cisco Grove is a favorite spot for my boyfriend and I to take the quads out for a spin (this was our last visit since we are passing our quads on to his brother).


Morro Bay
Low Tide
Morro Bay
We also traveled to San Diego via the Mutiny for the Rock n Roll San Diego Marathon, stopping off in beautiful Morro Bay.  This was a fantastic trip with unexpected pleasures...walks on the beach to find sand dollars, a romantic bay side dinner and a visit with my soon to be step-daughter.


Downtown Cabo
Cabo San Lucas was out only our of country trip where we celebrated my soon to be step-son's 30th birthday with his beautiful wife. An all-inclusive trip that was relaxing and fun.


Armstrong Redwoods
For my birthday, in October, my mom came out for a visit and we took her camping in the Santa Cruz Mountains so she could finally see the majestic redwoods. Although it had been raining quite a bit, Mother Nature cooperated and allowed for a gorgeous hike through the Armstrong Redwoods and Natural Bridge State Parks. 


A game of horseshoes....
The Ring!
But I'd have to say that our best trip this year (so far) has been to Wisconsin for my boyfriend's brother's 60th birthday.  We were pleasantly surprised to find our hotel was situated right along Lake Michigan. The views were breathtaking and tempted me to head out for a run one morning. Let me tell you, it was hard to focus on my pace when I kept wanting to stop to take pictures of wildflowers.  The country was very country...hay rides, horses, BBQ, horseshoes...so much fun with family that was brilliantly topped off with a proposal!


Sierra at Tahoe Spring Skiing
Although we've made a few trips to Tahoe this year, the one coming up in 4 days will be the icing on the cake. Family and a few friends will be flying (or driving) in from around the country to spend Christmas with us.  We will also be exchanging wedding vows that day on top of a {hopefully} snow covered mountain.  Tahoe is replete with beauty offering gorgeous views of the lake or mountains almost any which way you turn.  


Blogging aboard the Mutiny...soon to be full-time.
We are travelers...it's in our blood...it's what we do. In less than a year we will be hitting the open road to travel the U.S. with no agenda, no end date and no pressures...to fulfill the dream of a lifetime.


“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” ~ Cesare Pavese

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you I am insanely jealous of your soon to be nomadic life. We moved every couple of years when I was a kid until I turned 11 - twice to islands in the pacific. I was happy to be in one place for many years but I always felt the need to rearrange furniture or something because I would get bored with life looking the same.

    We have lived here for 5 years now. It's bizarre and cozy at the same time.

    This summer I drove 8600+ miles with my 3 girls hitting 25 states in 5 weeks. And it was amazing and fun and I don't want to come home. I can't wait to follow this next big journey of yours.

    And I hope you get some snow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...