Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 27 ~ reverb11 ~ Metta (Lovingkindness)


The metta mantras are: “May you be safe. May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be free from suffering.”


To whom do you wish to send metta? (Don’t forget to send it to yourself, too!)


I wish to send this to everyone who has come into my life (past, present and future). I wish to send this to all sentient beings...the people I love, the people I dislike, the people who love me and even those who loath me...to the animals that provide us companionship and others food (although ultimately I wish we would all go vegetarian =P)...to all living beings who deserve safety, happiness, health and most of all to be free from suffering.

To all of you...

A Buddhist’s Mantra

(based on the Prayer of St. Francis)
May I be an agent of love in this world.
Where there is hatred, let me bring loving-kindness;
Where there is injury, forgiveness;
Where there is doubt, insight;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
May I console as well as be consoled.
May I understand as well as be understood;
May I love as well as be loved;
For in giving we receive;
In forgiving, we are forgiven;
In dying to self-centeredness, we are born to the deathless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...