Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21 ~ reverb11 ~ Dukkha (Misery)

What was the low point of your year? How did you heal and move forward?


Half Moon Bay
After 2 full days of contemplation, I humbly submit that I have not had a low point of any significance in my life this past year. I know that this is partly because I've been very blessed with good health for myself and my family, a steady job and a complimentary relationship. But mostly due to a change in my attitude...a learned appreciation for the positive in every moment of life we are given.
Racine, Wisconsin
To be sure, I've had my fair share of bad days and sad moments but I've been able to view these as temporary emotions and something I ultimately have control over. It has been a long and bumpy journey, filled with physical and emotional battle scars, to get to this point. It's pretty much how I have started viewing life in general, making special moments out of the mediocre (sometimes to our friend's chagrin) and 'events' out of what some would think to be uneventful. 


Coleen & I with our racing singlets.
It is through our moments of sadness and despair that we learn to appreciate the good in our lives. A slight shifting of our vision, and the true desire to want to be happy and content, is often the only difference between an event being a curse or a blessing in disguise. 



“We are all broken and wounded in this world. Some choose
 to grow strong at the broken places." ~ Harold J. Duarte- Bernhardt



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...