Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 26 ~ reverb11 ~ Seva (Service)

How did you serve in 2011? Do you plan to volunteer in 2012?


As good as I know it makes me feel, I find it hard to make time for Seva. I know it seems so selfish, after all, I am very fortunate and perfectly capable of doing more then I do. In the past I have helped in the soup kitchen, volunteered every Saturday morning at the Suisun Wildlife Center and delivered food packages to families in need...and every time I've felt fulfilled and grateful. But I know that I need to be more consistant in my service to others.


This past year I dedicated much of my time to raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through Team in Training. It was a great experience to work with so many people trying to help end blood cancers. Although I benefitted by being able to train with TNT for the San Diego Marathon, it felt great to be a part of something bigger and more important than crossing the finish line.


Solano/Redwood Team
In 2012 I will continue to support the Humane Society and hope to dedicate some time to the ASPCA. I would like to help in the soup kitchen again...or perhaps spend some time at the retirement home just down the road from our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...