Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 25 ~ reverb11 ~ Milagro (Wonder)

Illustrate your own personal wonderland — real or imagined. What’s the weather like? Who else is there with you? Use vivid detail.


After traveling around Lake Tahoe this past week I can hardly invision a more beautiful place. My husband (that seems to weird to type) and I were just talking about this during our drive to Genoa, Nevada (to the"Oldest Thirst Parlor in Nevada"). Since we will soon be hitting the open road in our RV (less than a year...the countdown is on) we were speaking about how hard it will be to leave such an amazing area. But, in almost the same breath, I realized that we have probably spoken those same words about other places we've been:


Watching the fog envelope the redwoods at the Russian River.




The sun rising over the water in Cabo.



 Followed by setting baby turtles free...



Sitting quietly at the water's edge making a perfect reflection at Lola Montez Lake.




Snorkeling in the clear waters in Belize (and later looking for manatee).




Gazing in awe at the magnificence of nature.


Mt. Shasta...I will climb her one day...I will.
Wizard Island, Crater Lake
Smith Rock State Park, Oregon
  Repelling down precarious mountainsides to enjoy the splendor of a secluded beach.



Somewhere between Indian Sands and Thomas Creek, Oregon
The complete and utter beauty of Lake Tahoe, which will always have the ability to take m breath away.


Sand Harbor North Lake Tahoe
Part of me would want to roll all of these places together (plus some that I didn't post and those I have yet to visit) into my perfect "Wonderland"...but another part of me knows that what makes these places special is that they aren't so easily accessed. But then again, if there is a heaven, it would be an amalgam of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...