Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12 ~ reverb11 ~ Libro (Book)


What book did you read in 2011 that was most inspirational? Why?

Ahhh, books...one of my addictions I hope to never give up.  I love to read and often wish I had more time to do so.  I have shared with a few friends my overwhelming love for books when on a day, long ago, I stood in the middle of the Stacks on the second floor of the library at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks and began to cry.  It was at that moment, surrounded by thousands of books, I realized there would never be enough time to read them all.  


This year I've read over 30 titles...almost all fiction due to a pact I made with myself to 'have fun' in my reading. Years of reading non-fiction/self-help books left my mind and thoughts stifled and overwhelmed.  But an amazing amount of joy and truth can be found in fiction.  One book that stands out is The Silence of Trees by Valya Dudycz Lupescu.  It is such a work of art...so beautiful and rich, it touched my heart.

Denali in Autumn 

I also must mention a book I finished just today called My Name is Not Easy by Debby Dahl Edwardson. A mix of fiction and non-fiction, this book brings me right back to Alaska with such vividness I can smell the woods and feel the cold.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
— Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...