Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19 ~ reverb11 ~ Drishti (Seeing)

What is your vision for your spiritual practice in 2012? How do you see yourself achieving it?




A few weeks ago I wrote about wanting to rekindle my meditation practice, which was part of the turning point in my life. As a non-religious person, this practice has been the single most effective method for me to feel connected to something, to become grounded, to see things clearly and to find peace in my life. It is my refuge...a place to take sanctuary in those moments when I feel like I've lost all control (not that any of us really had it to begin with).


With the approach of the New Year I find myself craving those moments on the meditation pillow (which is actually just a small pillow from my couch) and the tranquility that will follow.  I also look forward to the introspection and spontaneous emotions that are often revealed to the practitioner. And even though I know they may be raw and painful, I know the calm that can be achieved once they are delivered to an open mind. 

"Only by much searching and mining are gold an diamonds obtained, and man can find every truth connected with his being if he will dig deep into the mine of his soul. And that he is the maker of his character, the molder of his life, and the builder of his destiny, he may unerringly prove: if he will watch, control, and alter his thoughts, tracing their effects upon himself, upon others, and upon his life and circumstances; if he will link cause and effect by patient practice and investigation, utilizing his every experience, even to the most trivial, as a means of obtaining that knowledge of himself. In this direction, as in no other, is the law absolute that "He that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"; for only by patience, practice, and ceaseless importunity can a man enter the Door of the Temple of Knowledge." ~ James Allen As a Man Thinketh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...