Monday, January 30, 2012

31 Days of Adventure ~ Week in Review




Day 19 | January 19

More than a trillion choices


Our world is full of many colors. Have you noticed lately?

Choose your favorite color for the day and head outside to take note of all the places and ways it shows up in your world. What are the different shades? Where do they appear? Be sure to look up, down and under. Take a picture of your favorite.

If you're feeling extra adventurous, take at least five pictures of your color and share them with others.






Day 20 | January 20

Get your blood flowing

Today we're going to get our bodies moving.

Try a new sport or outdoor activity today (or one you haven't done in years). Run one mile. Rent snowshoes and go for a hike. Maybe there's an ice skating rink or perfect hill for sledding near you. Ever tried curling? Bicycle polo? Skijoring?

What sport have you always wondered what it might be like to try? What are you waiting for? Go try it!

I'm still working on this one...weather and mood has not cooperated much. I've also been working on completing a 10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge this month but I'm eager to really open my mind up to trying something crazy!

Day 21 | January 21

Wish upon a star


For your adventure today, set your alarm for 1:00am. Head outside and check out the constellations.

If you're in the city (or it's too cloudy) and you can't see the night sky, see how many constellations you can name. Grab a constellation book (or consult the Internet) to learn more.

Oh cloudy days...after an inordinate amount of unseasonably dry weather wouldn't you know that it finally rained, right when I was supposed to go star gazing. While I did go outside and was able to pick out the North Star and Venus between the clouds it got too cold and started to drizzle, so my outing was short lived.
But do not fret! I already own a star chart and have used it on many occasions while camping. One thing that I noticed right off is that the clearer the sky, and the more remote the location, the harder it is for me to find some of the constellations and stars. Seems that there really are so many stars it can be overwhelming...beautiful and awe-inspiring though.

Day 22 | January 22

Get out the play

Today's adventure brings us our last guest contributor, the women of Chicks Climbing. The Colorado-based Chicks promotes self-reliance by teaching and focusing on technical skills to help women become more equal climbing partners. They also promote empowerment, the spirit of service and giving back to the community.

The Chicks hold ice and rock climbing clinics for women all across the country, so they know a little bit about adventure.

From Chicks Climbing:
"Play outside for 30 minutes today! Need inspiration? Pretend you're a kid again and remember the outdoors is full of "natural" toys waiting to come to life with a bit of imagination." 


Big Fail...putting on list for next month.

Day 23 | January 23

Dance 'til you feel better


When's the last time you danced with pure abandon? When you turned up the music and let the rhythm sink under your skin and into your blood?

Today's adventure invites you to dance for no reason. Pick your favorite song, crank up the music and get down.

Yep, right there in your living room.

Great, as if it wasn't already bad enough that my husband thinks I'm a little strange, now my cats and dog are giving me weird looks. Perhaps next time I will refrain from trying to make them dance with me. 
I must have worn them out...dog and cat sleeping together!!


Day 24 | January 24

Roll out the red carpet

It's time to grab a drink and make some popcorn. Today's adventure takes us to the cinema. (Or the comfy sofa in front of your home theater.)

Watch a movie in a different language. Feeling extra adventurous? Leave off the subtitles and try to figure out what's going on. Make up your own story.



See...NAKEDNESS!! Source

I absolutely love foreign films. Admittedly, when I was younger, it was the only way I could get away with seeing naked guys without getting into too much trouble (although I've seen Gerard Depardieu naked, full frontal, way too many times) ...after all, foreign films often come across as more intellectual and therefore, okay for young people to watch. I always felt so cultured. When I started working it was in the theater and video stores where I continued to watch almost any film I could get a hold of...one of my favorites Motorcycle Diaries. But, I also love films from England...and even though we speak the same language there are so many differences it often feels very foreign. Favorites: Run Fat Boy and Death at a Funeral (BBC version).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...