Friday, May 13, 2011

Hey batter, batter....Swing!

Getting back into the swing of things after a vacation is always a challenge.  Even though I had good intensions of running while in Cabo, I didn't.  That means I didn't run my 18 mile long run, and worse, I haven't run any kind of distance in 9 days.  To top it off, I feel fat and bloated and extremely L A Z Y.


Relaxation mode.


Tomorrow is my scheduled 20 mile long run.  I will be relying on my partner, Coleen, to keep me placing one foot in front of the other when all I want to do is quit.  There are only 22 days til the marathon and everything is planned and paid for...I've raised over $3000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I've made promises to people (and myself).  


Josh, my personal Honoree.
But this is sometimes my M.O.  I get excited about something, research it, do some actions towards it, and then never follow through.  So, this is a true test for me...to FINALLY complete something significant.  Something I can be proud of, something that required blood, sweat and tears (literally), something that benefitted not only me but others at the same time.  The is no quitting now, even if I have to drag my body across that finish line I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...