Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Still learning...

Source
This past week I hit a road block in my training (and eating).  I know, I know...it's so early into the new training schedule to fall off the wagon now but I 'kinda' have a good excuse (and if not, I DID learn something).  The BF and I had a HUGE yard sale this past weekend and much of the week leading up to it was spent preparing for the big day.  A lot of purging, organizing, agonizing (what to keep, what to sell, how much to sell it for), and time spent on our feet lead to much less time running or P90Xing.


While I did manage to get a few runs in I am still a little behind on my desired mileage.  I am also almost a week behind on P90X workouts.  What I found is that it is much easier for me to workout on the days I also work (or more precisely, the days the BF and I both work and don't really have any time together).  When the BF and I are off together I can't seem to manage my time very well, opting to spend most of it with him even if we aren't really doing anything (ie. watching movies, catching up on TV shows we recorded, etc.).  This does not say much for my training ethics.  After all, I proclaim that my training is very important to me.


These bitchz be crazy...but like a train wreck, I can't stop watching!!
{Seriously, I might need a 12 step program to stop watching the Real Housewives...I went for YEARS without TV...I was one of those "Kill Your TV" people...but now that I live with the BF, who has EVERY channel imaginable, I find myself almost hypnotized.  I am so ashamed!!}


As I have always told myself, once you identify the problem then finding the solution is easy (and expected).   I can do this.  I want to do this...so I will make it happen.  I'm not going to beat myself up over this past week...and honestly, there were 2 days I was on my feet so much that I don't feel bad for missing a workout...but I am going to take more time planning my workouts and getting up early if need be to stay on track.


Balance
{from my trip to Death Valley}
So, while I learn the all important aspects of balancing work, friends, blogging, running, weight training, boyfriend time, relaxation, house keeping, and everything else life has to offer I have figured out that every once in a while I just need to do a self-check.  If I am venturing too far off path I can redirect my efforts or re-evaluate my goals and steer myself to the most worthwhile areas of my life.




Does anyone have any tips on fitting it 'all' in?  I recently started using Google Calendar to set reminders, are there any other tools you would recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I have found over the years that I have to take time for myself which can mean more quality time with my husband, blogging, family or friends. I plan to workout 5 days a week and its usually right after work. Everyone now knows and respects my plan and doesn't interfere with it. I think you just have to find what is comfortable for you and eventually everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri. Sometimes I fall into the all or nothing mentality and if something interferes with my workouts I get to thinking it's all ruined. I'm not normally a slave to the schedule but I AM an overplanner/over-analyzer. I guess, in life, there has to be room for the grey areas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...